Should you hire a tile cleaning service or try a do-it-yourself approach? Before you attempt a DIY job, take a look at what professional tile cleaners can do for your home and how to hire a contractor.
The Right Equipment
What is the best tile cleaning product? The answer to this question depends on several factors. If you're not sure which chemical, natural cleanser, or tile scrubber to choose, you need a professional to:
- Evaluate the area. The cleaning contractor will inspect the mess and decide which product (or products) will work best for your home's individual needs.
- Understand the tile. There isn't one type of tile. Ceramic, porcelain, glass, and natural stone require different types of cleaning methods. If you're not sure which cleaning product and method works best for your home, you need a professional's opinion.
- Bring the equipment. Do you have high-powered or pricey tile cleaning equipment at home? If you don't have professional-level equipment or machinery already, a contractor can save you money in additional purchase costs.
While equipment is a primary factor in choosing a cleaning contractor, it isn't the only one. Along with the right equipment, professional tile cleaners also have the right experience.
The Right Experience Level
What should you look for in a tile cleaning company? If you don't have the right equipment to handle this job yourself, you may not have the expertise to correctly clean tile surfaces. Whether it's your first time hiring out this service or you need to choose a new contractor, consider:
- The level of training. How much training do the cleaning technicians have? The more training the professionals have, the more experience they bring to your cleaning project. This can result in a better overall result.
- The number of years in business. Look for a company with experience serving your community. A cleaning service that opens, closes, opens again in another area, and then repeats this cycle may have customer issues or perform low-quality work.
- The company's references. What do past customers have to say about the cleaning company? Ask for references or look for real-world reviews (not anonymous accolades) online. Some contractors may also provide would-be customers with photos to compare.
The experience a professional brings provides them with the expertise to clean your floors and other tiled spaces the right way the first time. This means you won't need to worry about leftover steaks, dirty grout, or a sloppy job.